Online Contemporary Design Recliner by Klaussner???

dogitniceSeptember 11, 2010

OK. Sort of long story.

I saw a recliner that is very comfortable and like the modern design. The manufacture is 'Comfort Design,' a division of Klaussner Home Furnishings.

The Problem:

Bloomingdales has it for $1840 (sale). I found it online at Blacklion Furniture for $1050 delivered and no tax! What worries me is that Blacklion did not respond to TWO phone messages when I was a potential customer so what would they be like if I was calling with a problem :-(

The manufacture is Klaussner Furniture Company and they have an outlet in Asheboro, NC. I am in New York. Anybody familiar with this company? The reviews online say that they are terrible, citing quality control and lack of responsiveness to problems. Bloomingdales at least might stand behind the product (for twice the price)!

I would get it in either a red frame and white leather or chrome and grey. ⨠â¨Does anyone have experience dealing with them?

Never bought online or bought upholstered furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Chair

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GaryFx

We got a pair of Comfort Design recliners from Boston Interiors, based largely on this post:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/furniture/msg111127243500.html

We've only had them a few months, but so far, so good. If I had to do it again, I'd pay more attention to the upholstery choices (there were hundreds), as the only problem so far is a handful of feathers poking out. As long as it's not a significant problem, I can live with a few feathers mixed in with the down, but a tighter weave might have been a wiser choice.

Do pay attention to the upholstery choices, as it's entirely possible that part of the price difference is due to different quality of leather. Personally, I would only buy new furniture from local dealers, as even a well-meaning online site would have trouble providing local support.

Bookmark   January 5, 2015 at 4:11PM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™