Sears Garage Opener 139.53716

lukshenSeptember 4, 2007

I am trying to replace my Sears Model #139.53716 button that is attached to the keypad outside the garage. When I removed the old button I marked the wires, at least I thought I did. Now I cannot connect the wires, no matter how I change them! Please help! There are 4 wires and 3 screws to attatch to. The door works with the car remotes and the other button.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

I'm not quite following your problem. Is the button part of the keypad or something someone has added next to it? Are you replacing it because it quit working?

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 6:41PM
don_1_2006

I looked up your model number on the Sears web site and find this came with 2 strand bell wire rather than 3 strand. Do the wires go from the keypad to the switch? Have you replaced the 9 volt battery? You say you are trying to replace it. Have you purchased a new one? Sorry for all the questions but this is an old unit and I am trying my best to bring back some foggy memories.

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 6:53PM
lukshen

Don, thanks for the responses, sorry its taken so long to get back to you. The 2 wires, split into 4 go from the garage door motor to a door opener button outside the door to the house and to the part I am trying to replace (yes I bought a new one),the button before you go out of the garage. There are additional plug in wires that go to the outside keypad, they are not the problem.Yes I have replaced the 9 volt.This is an old unit, I am thinking of replacing the entire garage door system. I can't attach the 4 wires to the 3 screws on the back of the new part!

Bookmark   September 16, 2007 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Sponsored Products
Glen Isle Outdoor Ottoman Cover
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Chris & Chris Stadium Kitchen Work Station
Overstock.com
Diamond Plate Brushed Nickel LED Three Light Flush Mount Fixture
$398.00 | Bellacor
Hand-Forged Iron Dummy T Strap
Signature Hardware
Elenco Snap Circuits Micro I Standard - SCM-400
$119.95 | Hayneedle
Lynx 30-inch Freestanding Grill with ProSear Burner and Brass Burner
FRONTGATE
Electri-Chef 32 in. Electric Grill with Cart - Dual Burner Multicolor - 4400-EC-
Hayneedle
Red Cast Iron 4.5-Qt. Covered Fry Pan
$79.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™