sears garage door opener

fionaroundaboutSeptember 12, 2007

I have a 1/2 hp craftsman door opener bought a year and half ago. The door works fine opening, but needs repeated pushing of the remotes or wall button for it to close. The track. spring and rest of the assembly seems fine.

I have double garage doors and I just had the spring replaced in the other door. The service man suggested that my logic board was cooked on the door that was not working properly. Since the door opener is only year and half old, I contacted sears.The motor is guaranteed for 6 years but not the logic board.

I tested the smart board and the light stayed on, there was no flashing to correspong to the diagnostic chart in the manual. I also obsevered that the safety sensor lights are operating properly.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

On the end of your motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find the 'down force' control. Turn that about 1/4 turn and give it a try.

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 4:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitch-lawyer

I also had a similar problem with my Sears Craftsman garage door opener. While Sears said the part may be covered by warranty, it would cost $65 for them to get it done. I am considering filing a class action lawsuit against Sears. If you would like more information on joining the class, please email a summary of your experience with Sears and/or the garage door opener, along with your contact information: name, tele. no., e-mail address. Thanks, Mitchell Rait. mrait@comcast.net

Bookmark   November 6, 2007 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™