My 'Remodeled' Garage

yadax3September 30, 2007

I just read someone's post saying they would have liked to see photos of workshops/garages when they came to this forum and it made me realize I never posted any photos when we fixed up our garage earlier this year, so here's a link.

Most of the photos were taken just a few minutes ago and I didn't bother staging anything, but this way you can see what our 'remodeled' garage looks like after 6 months of use. Yes, that's DH washing the garage floor back when the floor was fairly new. He's only done it that one time though.

I wish I could post photos of our finished workshop but alas, it's been sitting untouched all Summer while DH has been in Canada working. Maybe next Summer.....

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Garage

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vancleaveterry

Very nice. Nice details.

Bookmark   September 30, 2007 at 9:39PM
cumpaniciu

Very nice and organized. Care to share some of the details? Was it DIY or did you get professional help?

Thanks!

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 8:48PM
yadax3

Thanks. You're both very nice. Actually, we installed everything ourselves. We only needed 'professional' help when it came to paying the bill (just kidding).

Anyway, the cabinets, fridge/freezer, and accessories are all made by Whirlpool Gladiator. After checking prices quite extensively we purchased most of it during Sears' Craftsman Club sale. The club discount was something like 15%-20% off of their SALES price, so it's well worth the wait.

The flooring is made by RaceDeck and we purchased it online from Snap-Lock Industries. Measuring and planning probably takes as much time as anything else but RaceDeck and Gladiator both have good tools on their websites:

http://www.racedeck.com/
http://www.gladiatorgw.com/

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 10:31PM
cumpaniciu

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'm putting together a TODO list for my garage, and need to do my job researching in order to get wife's approval :)

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™