Craftsman Opener 139.53600

lydheadSeptember 22, 2006

I have a Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53600. I have looked for a training button so that I can program the remote, but can't find one. I have two remotes, but both only work on the newer opener that operates the other door. It would be nice to access this door from a car. How can I program the remote?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

I need to ask some questions before I can help you. Let's do this first. Opener #1 has 2 remotes that work fine. Opener #2 has no remotes. Is this true? How many buttons do the 2 remotes have? Do you want the remotes to open both doors? Look at the back of opener #2 just to the left of where all those white wires go and you should see a button. Is this true? Let me know the answers and I will try to help.

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 7:32PM
lydhead

Don:
Yes, you are correct. Opener #1 has 2 remotes that work fine and Opener #2 has no remotes. Both remotes have 3 buttons, and yes, I would like to operate both doors with both remotes if possible. On the back of Opener #2, there is no button. There are the places where two white wires go (connected to Red and White) but where I would expect to see the button, there is only a circuit board. Any idea?

Bookmark   September 22, 2006 at 9:21PM
Don_

I am still a little confused. You say there are 2 terminals where 2 white wires go and you can see a circuit board. Could this be a small set of switches commonly called "dip switches.?

Bookmark   September 25, 2006 at 7:16PM
lydhead

It has a series of about 15 tiny switches: 1 up, 2 down, 2 up, 4 down, that kind of thing. It's where the training button is on my other Craftsman GDO. Sorry, but I'm not sure what a "dip switch" is.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 8:09AM
Don_

Aha, what you are describing are called "dip switches." This is an older opener and there is no way your remotes will work with it. I don't think the correct remotes are available any longer and I wouldn't recommend you purchasing them anyway due to the age of that opener.

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 2:50PM
lydhead

OK, well at least I now know. Interesting. I guess we'll just have to break down and buy a new opener for this side eventually.

Thanks for your help!

Bookmark   September 26, 2006 at 4:42PM
More Discussions
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™