How to make a portable shed taller?

catherinetSeptember 25, 2010

Hi,

We recently got a 6" lifted golf cart to ride around our property, since I'm having alot of trouble with my knees.

Its great. But we don't have a garage to keep it in. We do have a good cover for it, but would like to keep it even more protected in the winter.

I'm thinking of getting a ShelterLogic 10x10x8 portable shed. I've looked at alot of them, and this one seems to be the best for our needs. But......even though the peak is 8', the entry height is several inches too short for the roof on the golf cart to clear. (our roof is about 6'3").

I don't really want to cut the cart roof supports down.

Could I do this: Put cement blocks all the way around the bottom of the "shed" and attach the bottom steel bars to the blocks with bungee cords. This would lift it up enough for the golf cart to clear the opening.

But.....would it be stable in the wind? We could still somehow connect the tie-down anchors to the ground.

Does this sound reasonable? Any other suggestions?

Fortunately, its going to be between our shed and very tall pine trees, so it will be somewhat protected from the wind.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

You could make a foundation of pressure treated 2x10s (or 2x6, 2x8 etc) on edge which are attached to the shed floor, with a 2x4 flange on the top edge to secure the shed onto.
I wouldn't use bungees, they don't make a good permanent installation.
You don't indicate what type of floor you are planning. That could make a difference on anchoring the shed.

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 9:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Thanks randy,
As it turns out, when we went to pick the shed up at Tractor Supply, we discovered (dimensions on the box that weren't on the internet) that it had a 6'3" entry.....so we're good, without having to raise it up at all.
Thanks for your help!

Bookmark   September 26, 2010 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™