Craftsman Garage Door Opener

slarsSeptember 12, 2010

I installed a new 1/2 hp Craftsman garage door opener. I completed the installation at night and the opener worked fine. The next morning the door opened but didn't close. After trying all the obvious adjustments I'm guessing the problem is direct sunlight falling on the door sensors. However even when the sun is not directly shining against the sensors the opener won't work. The opener works at night just not during any part of the day time. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the door starts to close and then reverses and the main light flashes 10 times it is a door sensor problem. Make sure the small light on each sensor is lit and not blinking ever so slightly. Try tweaking them a bit to see if the problem improves. If not call Sears and let them figure it out. There is a warranty.

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 9:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slars

Thank you very much for the idea. The sensor lights always glowed, never flickered or went out, so I assumed they were aligned correctly. Your recommendation to tweak them worked. I moved the sending unit ever so slightly and the door opener is working fine. The sensor never did flicker or go out the entire time I re-aligned it.
Thanks again,

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™