Garage floor - need help

clarannSeptember 13, 2011

I wanted to have my garage floor epoxied and did alot of research. Then found out there is a sealer on it and the cost to have this removed was too much for us. We're retired and are not doing this ourselves.

So on to plan B. Can I have the floor resealed with a colored stain to freshen it up and not have to take off the sealer first. I'm thinking this will be much less expensive.

Or what would you suggest?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clarann

I called my local paint store and the gentleman told me I could use a pole sander to scuff up the current sealer and then use a Quickrete stain/sealer on it. DH thinks he call tackle this. It sounds like it will be too much for him. This will only cost about $100. But even if I convince him to hire someone, I'd like to know if this system will work.

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 4:41PM
jhunts

Well, epoxy coating is one of the best solutions for you to get rid of your garage floor problems. I think it's the best way to fix the problem.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 2:54AM
kymike

I think that you should also consider a floor tile (snaplock makes great tile systems for garages) or a roll-out mat that will cover the floor.

You didn't mention why you wanted to epoxy the floor. Is it too slick when wet? Is it dusty? Is it just aesthetics? If you mention why you want to make a change, then we can maybe provide other alternatives than the effort it will take to put down an epoxy coating.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™