Sears garage door remote programming

exeter7474September 26, 2009

I can get each of 2 remotes to program, but not both together. They are the rolling code type, door unit has orange "learn" button-remotes have green buttons-reciever is non-deluxe unit with no light buttons. I've tried directions from opener manual and remote instructions to no avail. About ready to program with the 3# drilling hammer........HELP!!!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

One of your remotes has reverted to the billion code technology. You need to purchase a remote with the same model number as your old one. You will find the new remote will work with one of your old ones and not with the other. Remove the batteries from the bad remote and discard it. Otherwise it may cause problems down the road.

Bookmark   September 27, 2009 at 3:14PM
tuffplay

I worked for a guy that did garage doors for ten years. According to him NEVER use anything from sears or craftsman when it comes to garage doors, the are equal cost alternatives that are much better and safer

Here is a link that might be useful: Tuff PLay

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 8:13AM
kad5423

We have two Craftsman 1/2 HP GDOs, with three-button remotes and keyless pads. (Model 139.53982SRT / Part 41A5483-2). One of the GDOs will not hold programmed codes on remotes or keyless for more than 24 hours. Hence, I use "learn / re-set" process each time we leave the garage on that side. Any hints to repair, or just time to replace (installed in 2002)?

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 12:54PM
don_1_2006

Sounds like your logic board is bad. The part number is the number you gave. It's almost a toss up - repair or replace depending on if you can do it yourself.

Bookmark   September 28, 2009 at 6:55PM
More Discussions
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™