Belt Drive opener question

andrelaplume2September 3, 2008

Ok, maybe I'm crazy but I never heard of these until I saw them in the store. Have they been around long? Do they hold up well? Does the belt strech out? Whats the skinny on these quiet openers...anything I should look for or avoid. We currently have a nosiy chain driven OHGD brand...not sure the age.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sierragaragedoor1971

I have two Liftmaster 1/2 HP Belt Drive Machines (Model 3280) installed at my home and love them. They are SOOOO much more quiet than the previous Craftsman chain drives we had when we bought our house.

Liftmaster offers a lifetime belt warranty and in my 5 years of experience, I have never heard of a belt breaking.

There are (2) other belt drive models available from Liftmaster. The 3585 and the ULTRA-QUIET 3850 (DC powered). Both are 3/4 horse power, which isn't necessary for standard metal sectional doors. Don't be mis-lead into thinking that the higher the power the faster it will lift the door. In fact, I think the 3585 (and the chain drive I-Beam rail 3595) opens slower than most other models. However, both the 3850 and the 3585 are part of Liftmaster's Elite series of machines which come with a (5) year parts warranty and lifetime motor and belt warranties.

Hope this helps you make your decision. Let me know if you have any other questions, I will do my best to help.

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Need help diagnosing Chamberlain Garage Door Problem
Hi, Have a 1/3 Chamberlain Liftmaster that started...
koalb01
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™