Round dinning table what diameter for 5 seats

colortreatSeptember 4, 2011

First of all what diameter round dining table do i need to seat 5 people ofcourse without trying to squeeze alot safe elbow distance would be fine. And anyone can suggest where could i get 54" dining table if required like glass tops with toddlers around. I live in jersey ny is close too. Any good reliable online stores are fine too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I have a 45 inch. Seats 4 very well....and will seat 6 but not much room for anything but your plate, silverware and a glass. But, because of the curve of a round table you never bump elbows. When I had just small straight chairs I regularly sat 5 and6 ...but now I have larger chairs and one arm chair...5 is about all any more.
If you are a family of 5 and will use it daily and have the room, I would go for a 50 or a 54 inch table.
My table has survived toddlers....and even those toddlers toddlers....please don't put glass on your table.
Linda C

Bookmark   September 11, 2011 at 5:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Agree to avoid the glass.

They make table covers that look like the table-top and are custom-fit inside with felt lining to keep the surface like new. Also heat-resistant up to 500 degrees. Ask about one of these products when you are shopping for your table.

A 54" table is usually sold with 6 chairs. Another consideration would be a 48" table that leafs out into an oval. It's standard for 48" tables to come with only 4 chairs but the store should be able to order another pair for you. If I were doing this, I would have them agree in writing that the 2 new chairs have to match the other 4. Sometimes there can be color variations in different "batches." Another difficulty with trying to permanently use a 48" table with 5 chairs is that the 5th chair needs a home. It won't fit under the table.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 2:16PM
More Discussions
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
marys1000
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
pugluv1
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™