Craftsman 1/2 hp code reset problem

potsmanSeptember 23, 2007

Hello. I have recently bought a house and am having trouble with my GDO. It is a craftsman 1/2 hp model 139.18605sr. I have a user manual but it is in french and can not find a user manual for this model. My issue is that the opener opens and closes at will. The issue started as there was no remote left behind. I found a clicker universal unit that I got to work. Everything worked ok for a couple weeks. It appers now though that any code will work without programming. The liftmaster website says to press the yellow code reset button and 6 seconds later, the led will go out and all codes wll be erased. I press this button, however the led never goes out no matter how long I hold it. I have changed the dip switches in the remote plus altered the frequency of the remote and it still works. I had the vacation button engaged on the wall control, yet it still opened and closed on it's own. I disconnected the wall unit all together and still the same problem. I am thinking I am getting signals from other GDO's in the area, but I can not get rid of them. Any Advice?? Is the unit ready for the trash?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

I would first remove the battery from the clicker and see if your random opening still occurs. If it does you most likely have a bad logic board.

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 3:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
potsman

Thanks for the reply. tried what you said and removed the battery from the remote. I also have the wall switch disconnected and it opened again on its own. Guess I am going shopping for a new unit

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 8:15PM
More Discussions
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
esjbee
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Sponsored Products
Wooden 2 Piece White Bathroom Accessory Set,
TheBathOutlet
Flos | MiniKelvin LED Table Lamp
YLiving.com
30 Inch Stainless Steel Curved Front Farm Apron Single Bowl Kitchen Sink 15mm Ra
eModern Decor
Sample-Alloy Pavestone 1/2 X 1/2 Marble Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Light Volume Fluo Suspension by Prandina
$1,685.00 | Lumens
Deluxe Pointed Stair Rod Finials - Set of 2
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™