Garage Door Problem

kayb222September 20, 2007

Hi,

I move into a house 3 years ago and for the past 1 year I have not been able to open the garage door with the remote or the switch on the wall. I think the motor is fine however I can't open it. I just have to open it manually all the time. Please HELP.

Can I also get the 1-800 phone # to call for garage repairs.

THANKS!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Are you sure there is power to the opener? The number for Sears service is 1-800-4MY HOME.

Bookmark   September 20, 2007 at 4:25PM
daleale

I can't figure out how to post a new message so hopefully this will work. I have a Craftsman 1/2 hp opener that is about 17 years old. When I push the wall button or the remote, it clicks once, then a few seconds later, clicks again. The light in the front does not blink, the alignment is good on the sensors, etc. It doesn't humm, nor try to work, it just clicks. the litle green light on the back of the unit does flash however. I've disconnected the door as well as removed the chain to no avail. So I've figured out it's not a door problem, but rather an electrical problem in the unit. Any ideas? Is it the motor, the reciever logic board? Just trying to save myself from troubleshooting $75 at a time.

Thanks,
Dale

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 8:56PM
don_1_2006

Is that little green light on the back flashing a code? A number of flashes with a pause and keeps repeating.

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 1:47PM
kw5858

We own a 1/2 hp Craftsman garage opener
5 years of age, nothing blocking sensors,
Yesterday opened the garage - nothing unusual moved vehicle from the garage then the opener would not close the door. The unit hums after the wall and the remote buttons are pushed - nothing happens. The sensor lights indicate nothing they are not blinking and show a solid green color. I unplugged from Wall circuit (electric) attempting reset but nothing had changed? Any suggestions?

Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 10:48AM
don_1_2006

Check to see if the trolley (the thing the door is connected to) is jammed against the bolt in front of the motor unit. If so, remove the bolt and then the door should close. On the side of the motor unit you will find the 'up limit' control. Using a small screwdriver turn this about 3 turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Replace the bolt.

Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Sears GDO does not close
I've searched on the forum without any luck. My Sears...
jerseybob_gw
Sponsored Products
Good Directions Polished Copper Labrador Retriever Weathervane
Overstock.com
Bungalow Flooring Door Mats Argyle Evergreen 24 in. x 36 in. Monogram M Door
$59.97 | Home Depot
NewAge Products Pro Stainless Steel Wall Cabinet
Overstock.com
Flow Wall Flow Anywhere Shelf Starter - Silver/Black/Black - FWS-4812-1SBB-29
$73.98 | Hayneedle
Westinghouse Outdoor Lanterns. 1-Light Polished Brass on Solid Brass Steel Exter
$58.06 | Home Depot
BluWorld Gardenfall Garden Indoor/Outdoor Floor Fountain - Clear Glass/Black Ony
$395.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™