Mirage or Mercier Hardwood flooring

jax0408May 6, 2012

Hello all,

Looking to get feed back from everyone. I am looking to do my living room, dining room and foyer in hardwood (600 sq ft.). I have two kids 6 and 9 and a 65lb boxer dog. Some have suggested laminate but i just love hardwood.

Anyhow here is where I am at I am thinking Mercier hardwood Cinnamon red Oak or Mirage Maple Auburn. Is it worth the extra dollar or two to buy mirage or will the mercier be fine. Also my cousin will be installing so I would like the one that would be easier for him to install.

Also if anyone has any other recommendations that be great.

Thanks Jim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maries1120

I just tried some samples of the Mirage. The one we liked was the maple. I also had some Pergo laminate samples - about a 4" square. One fell out of my hands and landed on the Mirage and took some of the wood off and left a nice ding. At the flooring store they raved about this being the best and how hard the wood was but I was not impressed.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 4:23PM
woodfloorpro

Please, You can not judge the quality of a wood floor because it dented. All wood will dent, some easier than others. The quality comes from the fit and finish.
A knowledgeable flooring dealer will help you pick the right wood for your life style. Oaks and maple are medium hard woods which have served generations of users well. Wood is timeless.

With a 65 lb. dog you will need at lest a floor as hard as hickory. Maple and oak will both show claw marks from your pet.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 10:51PM
nerdyshopper

We installed Hickory in our kitchen because it was the hardest non exotic wood we could find. Ours was the natural varigatid finsih but I have seen hickory stained to match about any wood that has grain. Some maple doesn't

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 7:18AM
More Discussions
Need help getting ink/marker off hard wood flooring
Anyone had a child mark on their hardwood floors with...
mattsarmymom
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
Un-level kitchen and associated issues...
So my wife and I just finished a renovation of our...
hundredwaters
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™