Garage Door Keypad Opener

scutanaSeptember 23, 2008

I own a craftsman 1/2 hp opener. I had a keypad on the outside of the garage door and it stopped working. I thought that it was the battery so installed a new one, but still no luck. I went to Sears and purchased a new keypad, and had the same problem again. The garage door opener will not even accept a code to use, but the garage door opener on the wall inside of the garage works just fine. I have tried different codes but with no success. I also bought a new visor opener and that will not work either. Does anyone know what could be wrong in this situation? Thanks for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The keypad and your visor opener are both radios that send a signal to the receiver to open the door. The wall button doesn't. It is like a doorbell switch - wired directly. I would say your receiver has quit working. It is part of the logic board.

Bookmark   September 23, 2008 at 1:38PM
swahili

my problem is the same but different :)
my keypad works -- so receiver is accepting signal- i can unprogram it and reprogram it
but i cannot program the clickers - have bought new batteries and a new clicker but it will not accept them - it doesnt make sense that keypad works, the hard wired door switch works as well

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 11:06AM
don_1_2006

swahili make sure the lock function isn't on. This is a function that can be toggled off and on by the wall control. If the light in the wall control is blinking, press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds.

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 12:30PM
swahili

THANKS Don i dont beleive i have that (vacation) function on wall unit there is just the 1 button that i push to open or close the door and the light is solid green
its just not making sense that the keypad can be reprogramed but not the clicker

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 3:42PM
swahili

could i buy another keypad the same model and use it ie: would they both work with the same #'s programed ?

does anyone know
thanks

Bookmark   December 3, 2008 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
esjbee
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Sponsored Products
Shower Door Hook in Chrome, Gold
TheBathOutlet
Laken Weathered Zinc One-Light X-Large Outdoor Wall Sconce
$129.80 | Bellacor
"Clarendon" Hutch & Credenza
$3,099.00 | Horchow
Memory Foam with Gel Mattress
Grandin Road
Ribbon & Reed Crane Neck Doorstop
Signature Hardware