Memory Foam Mattress from Costco -- but not the Novaform

dee7September 27, 2008

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of a mattress called the "Ara Visco Memory Foam Mattress" by a company called Sleep Science? It is available from Costco online, and may also be available from other distributors.

This is apparently a different (and slightly more expensive) memory foam mattress than the Novaform kind, which is also available from Costco and which a number of people have already commented on.

There is some urgency to my request for info because Costco is giving $200 off for orders placed by Sept. 30. I have not seen this item on the Costco site before, and I think that I checked them for mattresses in May of '08.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bookmom41

Dee7, guess I'll find out soon. DH ordered this mattress today. Did you get it?

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 8:36PM
artnj

for future reference, there is a mattress forum (not on this family of sites). I forget the address, but the people there are very knowledgeable.

Memory foam has a short lifespan by the way - shorter than traditional mattresses. You *might* still like it when it looses some of its rebound - my wife still likes a 6 or 7 year old memory foam mattress (it has hardly any rebound left though), but if not you'll be relying on the warranty.

Bookmark   November 1, 2008 at 7:49AM
huhtalata_yahoo_com

Great question! I'm thinking of buying the Ara mattress as well. Did you end up purchasing it? Do you like it?

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 11:48PM
soshh

Me too...would love to hear a response!

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 11:05AM
ablehiker

Greetings, I purchased the Ara King Memory Foam Mattress from Costco about 6 weeks ago and have been sleeping on it for about 4 weeks. It took a two to three night adjustment period, but I can honestly say it is the best mattress I have ever used since I started sleeping indoors over 50 years ago. I am disabled due to a couple forms of arthritus in the spine, hips, legs etc..., and have come to greatly appreciate a few good hours of sound sleep at night. I started being able to sleep 5 to 6 hours a night a few weeks ago and LOVE this mattress. It supports right out to the very edge of the mattress. I have used a Nova-foam system before, but this one feels different and better. It also comes with a 20 year warranty if you are concerned about it giving up on support in the future. My partner/girlfriend has a very expensive Tempurpedic sleep system which I rated #1 until I got this Ara mattress. Only problem now is that I need to get a decent headboard since my old bed was a queen size and I don't want to buy a complete bed set again. Any suggestions???

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 1:13AM
More Discussions
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™