Exercise room flooring?...ro

babs711May 22, 2011

We are going to have a small exercise room in the home we're building. It will have a treadmill, some weights but will also be used for exercise DVD's (with impact), pilates, etc. What kind of flooring would be attractive, easy on the feet, yet not break the bank? I've searched and haven't come up with many options that weren't for commercial use. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

Go for the commercial-use recycled rubber exercise flooring, such as what you find in gyms. Or, consider a cushioned residential sheet vinyl, sometimes called fiber floor, or a similar product.

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 3:46PM
oldhousegal

The place I purchased my carpet from steered me toward a "30 year pad" under my wool berber. I have a treadmill, a bowflex, pilates machine and an inversion table, so some pretty heavy items. I didn't want the machines to permanently "dent" the carpet. I also do some aerobics in this room. All was installed over 90 year old hardwoods.

Fast forward to 6 years later, and I recently moved all the equipment around. I am amazed that there is no denting in the wool berber at all. Everyone who uses the exercise room always comments on how nice and plush it feels.

I bought mine at a local store that had remnants- my room is not very big and one remnant from both products did the trick. Total 6 years ago, less than $140.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 10:00AM
attofarad

I'm going to put cork in my wife's new exercise room. She mostly does exercise videos, step aerobics, stretching, pilates, and uses small dumbbells. I haven't decided whether glue down or click/floating.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
Color/species of new wood floor next to original VG Fir?
Our 1918 house was added on to in the 80's and rather...
fjernsyn
Handscraped hardwood -- will it become dated?
So we are in the process of building a new home. We...
carsonheim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™