Programming garage openers with Dip switches

dougfiveoAugust 17, 2009

I have a 3 button sears garage door opener (HBW1D3469). It says in the instructions that I can program one of the extra buttons to open a second garage door - which would be great because I have two independant doors. However, instructions then say to set dip switches to match the switches on the back of the opener itself - which I did. Voila, it opens my garage door. Question is, how do I program it to open the other door, which has switches set in a completely different pattern???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Open the case and see if there is an additional set of dip switches inside. These will then need to be set to match the switches on the 2nd door opener.

Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 9:43AM
cubanredneck

My neighbor opens my GDO with her trans.so I need to reprogram my GDO unit & trans.but I dont have a clue on how to go about it.I have a Craftsman GDO with a red smart button in the rear of the unit & my transmeters have switch sticks.

Bookmark   August 22, 2009 at 9:50PM
don_1_2006

If you mean your transmitters have dip switches it is an easy job. Change any or all switches on your remotes remembering they must match. Now take any remote and hold the button down while you press and immediately release the smart button. Your remotes should all work now if they all have dip switches and were all set the same.

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 10:25AM
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Keyless lock for manual garage door?
I have a two car garage with separate manual lift garage...
mrpandy
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™