Pierre Deux style Furniture

alexh1000September 30, 2012

Hi all,

Was planning to furnish my house with some Pierre Deux pieces. Their style seems to strike the perfect balance between overly opulent and simple country. I was mostly interested in stain grade pieces like the Louis XV console and they had a few side tables, Laurette or Rafraichissoir. Their prices were actually fairly reasonable! French Heritage shops have this style although they seem to sell to people with money to burn.

Ebay has lots of side tables but they all seem to adorned with brass ornaments on the legs - way over the top for me.

BTW, Ethan Allen and Thomasville have very similar hardwood frame style setee's and wingback chairs and you can specify the fabric.

Anyhow, I did an exhaustive search of the web with no luck. Appreciate any tips.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mark

I think Gormans Furniture in Michigan sells a line of Pierre Deux style furniture.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:41AM
CharlotteHome

Hi,

There are a bunch of manufacturers which still make Pierre Duex Style furniture. Sometimes it's hard to find these brands in retail stores as there are bigger margins when they sell from the giant collections. So, many of these brands are in boutiques and through designers. For example: French Market collection. If you need more leads feel free to message me. I work as a designer so I know a LOT of places if you are crazy about certain Pierre Deux pieces.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:38PM
alexh1000

FYI, years ago I found MarieAlbert furniture but the website died so I though they went out of business. However, I just found out that they changed the URL to mariealbertfurniture.com.

IMO, their product is really something.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 2:06PM
patty_cakes

Alex, try consignment furniture stores. Many people are getting rid of furniture similar to what PD sells for Pottery Barn 'style'.

Many antique stores have 'vintage' furniture, which may only be 20-25 years old. These pieces are usually made much better than new stuff made today, since most are made in China. I've seen many beautiful French pieces in Antique stores, everything form ornate to rustic.

A good auction house might get you some great bargains also, if you have one locally. Many French pieces also.

*ALL* of my furniture was purchased from one of the above sources~my style is French country~except upholstered pieces which were custom fabric.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 2:29PM
patty_cakes

Alex, I forgot to mention that most auction houses have a wholesale warehouse selling things that haven't sold in past auctions. The owner/manager of the auction house is usually willing to negotiate a price if the piece has been there a while.

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 2:37PM
patty_cakes

If you look in the bottom left hand corner, it tells where the furniture can be purchased.

Here is a link that might be useful: new furniture

Bookmark   October 25, 2012 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
sectional sofa help
we're in the market for a sectional for our basement...
lmgch
Lexington chez michelle Bedroom Set - 7 piece
Hi, i am purchasing a used 7-piece Lexington chez michelle...
kathietang
Can you help me identify this furniture maker/designer?
I acquired this mid-century table and chairs. Looks...
Julie Fortier
AL Comfort Sleeper worth the price?
I'm considering purchasing a sectional with a sleeper...
virtualanne
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Sponsored Products
Square Wall Mounted Jewelry Armoire with Mirror
Cost Plus World Market
Palm Bay Dresser
FRONTGATE
Pull Tufted Headboard
Grandin Road
Winners Only Cape Cod 50 in. Desk with Optional Hutch & Chair - White - WIN134
$500.00 | Hayneedle
Scroll Chair
| Dot & Bo