keypad stop working

jimblimAugust 18, 2011

i have a chamberlain. i replaced the remote but after i set the remote the keypad stops working. why is that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Sounds like you didn't get the right remote for your opener. There are some that will work but will cause the problem you have. Take the model number off the old remote if available and match it. If not take the model number off the opener and get the correct remote.

Bookmark   August 19, 2011 at 4:15PM
jimblim

Thanks for the info! I have tried countless times to get it to work. I've even contacted Chamberlain. They never told me that remote was the issue. They suggested that I needed a new keypad. It was working fine until I added the remote. Do you know which remote I need? Or how I can find out? I don't have the old remote. My opener is a Chamberlain 9200. I bought the KLIK1U remote.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 1:34PM
don_1_2006

The KLIK1U should work with your opener and keypad. It is a universal type. When I first answered your post I had no idea what type remote you had purchased. I would follow the owners manual to a T and if there is no change I would follow Chamberlains advice. They are a class organization.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 2:36PM
jimblim

Thanks! I followed their advice but no progress other than the keypad will close the door but not open it. You are right about Chamberlain. They are sending me a new free keypad.

Bookmark   August 26, 2011 at 12:49PM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™