Okay guys......single mother needs your imput!

iowajewelAugust 27, 2007

Today I looked at cabinets for the garage. I want to organize it better and have it look better too. Right now I have shelves, and lot of hooks to hang the odds and ends of stuff like shovels, rakes, etc. I also have a couple of golf club hangers up. Just want to pull my garage together and have it look great.......BUT I don't want to spend a ton of money either. ( I did see one set of units that did not attach to the wall....had a bar to hang cabinets from above a work station. Would be an investment that I could take if I ever moved)

Besides taking down most of the brackets and stuff down(except a line of shelves about two foot from the ceiling....I want everything to be mostly on what I consider the front of the garage.

So.....my question is........have you used any of the modular units available now at the home improvement stores and would you recommend them or not??????

Please respond.......

Thanks...Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ashlander2

Hi,
Well, we moved to a new house that has a smaller double car garage than our previous house so I had to really think and plan. I bought the Black and Decker module kits from Lowes. They took time to put together, and boxes are very heavy, - requiring tools, but so far I am enjoying them. Have a large closet, workbench with pegboard and cabinet/drawer units under it, and a roll along drawer unit. It was pricey but I wanted something nice looking. It's been very handy and I have room for all my "guy toys." There are quite a few other brands and some frequently go on sale, like Sears and Home Depot. It all comes down to $$$$ and how handy you or someone else is in building them, and how much room you have. For garden tools, there are specific racks for that, both hanging and stationary on the floor. Post a picture of your garage and maybe someone can give you suggestions.

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 2:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowajewel

bumping.......hoping to get some more input as I am "doing" my garage this weekend!!!!!!!

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™