remote control stop working

thinkbenAugust 18, 2009

I have a craftsman 1/2HP garage door opener. Model No. 139.53664SRT2. Recently one of remote control (I have two but I only use one) stopped working. I replaced the battery but was unable to reprogram it. I tried both remote control but neither worked. I have a homelink from my SUV synced with opener too. Homelink at SUV works ok. I can still open/close the garage door from SUV.

Another issue, blocking sensor beam won't turn the light on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Did the second remote quit working after you tried to program the first one? Try programming them again and try before programming the second one.

The feature of having the motor unit light bulbs come on automatically when you walk into the garage is a feature that has only been on the market a relatively short time. Not all machines have this capability built into the logic board.

If your machine has this capability the only way you can turn it on or off is with a "three function wall switch." This means that in addition to a button that opens and closes the door there are two other buttons on the same wall switch. One is marked LIGHT and the other is marked LOCK.

To turn the feature on turn the lights on manually with the wall switch then press and hold the LIGHT button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash.

Now if the light bulbs are on, manually turn them off and then walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on.

To disable this feature, start with the light bulbs OFF and everything else is the same.

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 5:40PM
More Discussions
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™