g. door opener constantly humming

cheryl_pAugust 2, 2007

The Chamberlain Liftmaster our builder put into our newbuild has a constant buzz - door open, door closed, it's constant. Only unplugging at ceiling stops it. Builder says he's had it checked and there's no problem..... there will be though if that thing still buzzes and final payment comes due! Seems at very least this could compromise its warranty & at very most be a fire hazard potential. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheryl_p

Sorry, folks. I didn't check the past postings far enough back. Sounds like alot of you have buzzing Liftmasters. Even though some of you humorously shrug and just "deal with it", it is downright irritating to me. Think I'll keep at my builder....... seems like a very poor product that I paid $$$ for!

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 4:55PM
don_1_2006

Cheryl get the model number off your opener and call this number. 1-800-528-5880 That is the number of the manufacturer and I'm sure they will help you. It may help if you can be near your opener when you call. There must be an answer to this problem. I would really appreciate if you would post back with the results.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 7:00PM
doorguy06

cheryl,

I ran into this problem a couple of weeks ago with a brand new Liftmaster opener. I ended up replacing the circuit board. I could not pin point what it was, but it was something on the board buzzing. I have not heard back from them.

Liftmaster is a very good product. Even the best have a flaw from time to time. Have someone put a board in it and it should be fine.

Doorguy

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™