Craftsman garage door opener 139.186006 adjustments

everguardAugust 2, 2009

I just bought a house that has a disconnected Sears Craftsman model 139.186006 garage door opener. The previous owner had removed the arm sections and lost them. I have since replaced them but I don't have the manual and the door won't open or close. When I click the remote to open the inner trolley will move about 10 inches back and forth. I have used the increase travel adjustments for closing and opening on the side but the trolley does not change position unless I click the remote several times and then it goes ahead about 1 inch each time and eventually winds up near the motor. Now it will not move the opposite way. I have tried adjusting the up and down force but nothing works. Does anyone though how to adjust this opener? Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Sure wish you had given a good model number. It sounds like there is a problem with the RPM sensor. This is the circuit that senses when the door has run into something and shuts the motor off when the door is opening and reverses the door to the open position when the door is closing. There is a black plastic interruptor cup that is on the end of the motor shaft. This cup rotates inside an infrared detector on a small circuit board. I have a feeling the previous owner did more than lose the door arms.

Bookmark   August 3, 2009 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™