Mullican Vs. Homerwood- Natural Hickory

Cindy NollMay 3, 2012

I am picking out hardwood to use in my living room, dining room kitchen & hallway, approximately 700 sq. feet. I fell in love with Homerwood Natural Hickory in the Character collection. The dealer also showed us Mullican Nature collection in Natural hickory. Homerwood has a 50 year warranty, I don't remember what the Mullican has. The cost difference is just over $2/sq. ft with the Mullican being cheaper. Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of these two choices or guidance on how to choose? They would both be "character" and 4 inch solid 3/4 inch boards. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gregmills_gw

Homerwood has a better reputation. Both are good products but homerwood is slightly better in my opinion. Warrantys are deceiving. They only cover structural integrity and if the finish were to fail on it own. Does NOT cover water damage or things that get dropped or wear and tears ie scratches.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 2:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cindy Noll

Thanks gregmills, that is what I was thinking, but I was hoping to talk myself into the cheaper option. Certainly not a place to "skimp". Thanks again.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 6:54AM
More Discussions
Kentwood Hardwood Flooring
Has anyone installed wood flooring from Kentwood? If...
MichelleDT
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
How many different types of floors are ok in a house?
We currently have one type of hardwood in the formal...
emma018
Wood or metal registers for new wood floors?
Hi --we currently have metal vents/registers on the...
bellacucina
Help with floor height difference between kitchen and other rooms
So, I've never really done home renovations before,...
Aubrey Curtis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™