Cresent, Kincaid, Mobel or Room & Board Bedroom Furniture?

uvastephSeptember 27, 2011

Hi. I'm in the market for new bedroom furniture and have narrowed it down to Cresent, Kincaid, Mobel and Room & Board. I'm looking good quality furniture that will last a while. My total budget for a king bed, dresser, chest of drawers, and two nightstands is around $5,000. I've seen the Kincaid, Mobel, and Room & Board offerings in person, but have not been able to find a local Cresent dealer to check out their furniture (like the others, it's solid wood, but seems to have a few more bells and whistles for the money). Any thoughts about the quality of any of these brands?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vishalkhanna

Hey i have no clue about this brand....but i really liked your idea of making your choice focused!!

Bookmark   September 30, 2011 at 7:48AM
freethinker99

I am familiar with Cresent as well as the other brands. They are all good but in my opinion, Cresent is one of the nicest products out there. The quality is excellent. It is very well finished and constructed. It has a good clean look similar to those found in high end stores and better department stores.

Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 10:53AM
Olivest1

We have had a king size Calvin bed from Room and Board for about a year and a half, and I love it. Beautiful lines, solid construction. Made in the US (Portland, OR, if I remember correctly).

Bookmark   March 10, 2012 at 9:47AM
francypants

I ordered a couple of Kincaid dressers. My store didn't have the model in stock so I ordered them. Made in USA (some of them are and some aren't. They seem like they'll hold up OK but I was very disappointed that the drawers weren't removable. I absolutely hate drawers that won't come out all the way. Maybe since Lazy-Boy took them over, they're made on the cheap now.

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 4:15PM
lennym

We purchased 4 pieces of Cresent's "Murray Hill" about 6 or 7 years ago from a store in Tennessee and had it sent to the NE. It was a very good deal. The furniture is very sold using solid maple and floating panels and dust panels between the drawers. My only regret is that they seem to have reduced the variety of pieces offered. Many of these companies are struggling to survive under the cheap Chinese competition. In any event, highly recommended.

Bookmark   May 25, 2012 at 11:04AM
freethinker99

I said it before in my opinion I think Cresent is one of the nicest lines out there. It has a great clean look and the quality is excellent and the price isn't bad either for the quality.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
Rowe Furniture: Good or Bad?
I've been reading lots of comments on this site (both...
country459
Recommendation for high-end modern Asian furniture?
Aside from Berkeley Mills in Berkeley, CA, does anyone...
Cam Chan
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?
Hello-- Has anyone out there purchased the Sealy Posturepedic...
lenvt
Sponsored Products
Galen Tiered Side Table - ANTIQUE BRASS
$539.00 | Horchow
POLYWOOD Tables La Casa Cafe Green 36 in. Round Patio Counter Table RRT236GR
Home Depot
Glistening Daisy 6 Drawer Dresser - Brown Cherry - ENLB1480
$659.99 | Hayneedle
Up and Down Barstool
Italy Design
Natural Camelback Parsons Chair - Set of Two
$239.99 | zulily