Genie Door Opener ~ Light Does Not Turn OFF - Help!

subzerofantasticAugust 10, 2007

hello,

i have genie garage door opener, a screw drive 2 piece track and i hate it, nevertheless, for the last week the lights will not turn off, i have checked the wires, the door switch, and disconnected the wires from the motor...but the light still stays on.

Is there anyway that i can deal with the relay on the board myself, meaning fix it or ??, or do i need to buy a whole new board? AND if i do have to buy a board or a relay will i even be able to figure out how to put it in? i dont want to have to perform major surgery to fix it.

..otherwise just remove the lights all together or junk it.

thanks for any input!

Genie Model No.G5700

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

The only way to fix it is to put a board in it. It is simple to put a board in. Pull the cover off. To small screws at the very bottom of the cover and then one on the left and top right. Slide the cover off. If you are standing behind the opener looking towards the door, the board will be on the top left side. It will have two wiring harnesses hooked to it and will also have a screw holding it in place. Pull the screw out disconnect the wiring harnesses and the board slides out. The board will have a white sticker with a number on it. FOR example 31184R. That would be the part number. Genie's number is 1-800-843-4084. You will have to call them to order the board.

Good luck

Bookmark   August 10, 2007 at 9:58AM
speedlever

I have a couple of old Genie garage door openers and while they both still work fine, one of them has lost control of the timer on the light so the light stays on all the time. I've searched all over and cannot find any 27504R or 20384R sequencer circuit boards for replacement purposes.

I called the Genie number listed above and the circuit board in question has not been manufactured for quite a while and is not in stock anywhere I've been able to find.

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 12:59PM
don_1_2006

Once you get into this situation it is either replace the opener or remove the bulb and do without an automatic light.

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 2:25PM
baduncleike

Try removing the compact fluorescent bulb, replace it with old style incandescent. Something about the ballast interferes with the circuit board.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
esjbee
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Sponsored Products
George Kovacs Polished Nickel Finish 25" High Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Sonneman Capital Modern Contempo Mini Pendant
1800Lighting
Cirrus Hugger Ceiling Fan by Modern Fan Company
$368.00 | Lumens
Breville The Thermal Pro
$129.95 | FRONTGATE
Producer Satin Steel Tripod Style 1-light Table Lamp
Overstock.com
52" Makoda Oil-Brushed Bronze Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Windster 30W in. RA-34L Series Under Cabinet Range Hood - RA-34LU30
$602.00 | Hayneedle
Trend Lighting Lamps Palla 20 in. Crystal with Polished Chrome Table Lamp TA5850
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™