Craftsman Garage Door Issue - Security+ Light Feature

hoosier77August 9, 2008

Regarding my Craftman GDO Model 139.53914D, the Security+ Light feature is disabled and I cannot get it to work. It has never worked. I have tried the instructions in the manual; it says to reactivate; press the light button for 10 secs and the light shuts off and then sometimes back on (not all the time). So when the door is opened and the lights shut off automatically, I try to walk between the sensor to break the beam, the lights do not turn on. Once I cross the beam I noticed that the learn button blinks 4 times. I have realigned the sensors, tried unplugging the unit and resetting, and still nothing (Still blinks 4 times)...I accidentally left my garage door open over night and someone stole my set of golf clubs and some tools....PLEASE HELP.

Thank you,

Shawn Knotts

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

First of all you must have a wall control with 3 buttons. If you don't this feature will not work.

To have your lights come on when you walk into an open garage you must START with the lights ON. If you don't want that feature and you want to turn it off, you must start with the lights OFF.

To turn the feature on, turn the lights on manually with the wall switch, then press and hold the LIGHT button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash.

Now, if the light bulbs are on. manually turn them off and then walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on. To disable this feature start with the lights OFF and everything else is the same.

Bookmark   August 9, 2008 at 4:40PM
More Discussions
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™