Sears Garage Door / Remote troubles

weeandbeeJuly 21, 2009

I have what appears to be an ancient Sears garage door opener (model 139.53515SR). The button on the wall will make the door open, the keypad outside the door works also, but the remote (with a brand new battery) is not working. I have made countless attempts to reprogram the remote (Craftsman# 139.53778 & 9-dip switch) with the opener (just a white/gray learn button-no dip switches), but to no avail. What else can I try? I emailed Sears, was given a phone number-called Chamberlain & was told it was too old and they could no longer "cover" that opener for liability issues. So, even if they knew how to help, they couldn't. Heeeeeelp! Thanks! Oh yeah, is it possible for the little transmitter inside the remote to just be broken, breaking any communication with the opener itself? I already tried pushing the learn button and pushing the remote, pushing the learn button & holding for 30 secs. Light never blinked, never heard a click. I know there's a short in the actual lights on the opener b/c they flitter on & off sometimes, but usually don't work at all. Main concern is the remote though. Thanks for any advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

It is quite possible for the transmitter to be broken and also the receiver inside the motor unit. Due to the age of the opener I would upgrade to a new model.

Bookmark   July 22, 2009 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™