Craftsman Garage Door Opener Remote Problem

chiswedeJuly 1, 2006

I'm having a similar problem to ones I've seen in the forum here.....I just got a new car with Homelink (one of those built-in transmitters that learns your garage code) and when i was trying to program that, something else got screwed up. The keypad works fine, but neither of my handheld transmitters work, nor does the car one. I get the same result when I hit any of them....the little green light on the GDO blinks rapidly.

I tried reprogramming the handhelds using the instructions on the GDO, which are the same as those above.....I hold down the transmitter button, and then hold down the red button on the GDO until the green light on the GDO blinks rapidly. The only effect this seems to have is after I do it, I have to reprogram my keypad!

Any ideas? I ordered a manual, but it'll be over a week b/c of the holiday before it gets here, and I doubt it'll help anyway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chiswede

Actually, I looked some more at the other answers, and it turns out the directions on the GDO are just wrong. If you do what it says and hold down the red learn button while you're pushing the transmitter button, it resets all the remotes.

BUT, if you push and release the red button on the GDO, and THEN hold down the remote button, works like a charm. Thanks to Don, who posted those instructions a few times.

Bookmark   July 1, 2006 at 7:45PM
More Discussions
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Seeking advice on faux wood garage doors
Hello, X-posting in home building forum. I'd like to...
Madeline616
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
esjbee
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Sponsored Products
Warwick Mortise Entrance Set
Signature Hardware
Homestyle Capri 32x80-inch White Folding Door
Overstock.com
Dark Walnut Finish Ashley Fireplace Entertainment Center
Overstock.com
Afina Vanderbilt Medium Triple Door Surface Mount Royale Medicine Cabinet - 42W
Hayneedle
Futuristic Round Storage Cabinet - 4 Level
| Dot & Bo
Cornerstone 1 Light White With Clear Seed Wall Lantern
Overstock.com
Afina Signature Collection Triple Door 47W x 36H in. Surface Medicine Cabinet Mu
Hayneedle
Aquatique Outdoor Door Mat
Grandin Road
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™