garage door opener

mapesiiJuly 20, 2006

My mom has a craftsman garage door opener model#139.53635srt. The bearings in the gear and sprocket assy. went bad. I installed a new assy.. However I seem to have an adjustment problem I think. I can get the door to come up but I cannot get it to go down. When I try to get it to go down I think it makes a clicking noise then the motor just buzzes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Is the trolley (the thing the door and the chain is attached to) jammed against the bolt in front of the motor unit. If so, remove the bolt, turn the 'up limit' on the side of the unit about 3 turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. If it operates okay then replace the bolt.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 6:59PM
mapesii

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't seem to help. I noticed that the l.e.d.'s on the safety sensors down by the floor of the door are not lit. I will try checking for voltage at the sensors. If ther is does this mean the sensors are misaligned or faulty. If no voltage then maybe a board issue?

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 4:39PM
Don_

If the small light is not lit on both of them check the wiring to the motor unit. If one is lit and the other is not make sure they are pointed directly at one another.

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 4:48PM
More Discussions
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Garage door won't open - even manually
Our garage door won�t open - the motor works,...
karyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™