Seeking reclining conversation sofa - is Arizona Leather good?

arielitas_momSeptember 5, 2008

Greetings all - I'm looking to get rid of my family room loveseat and chair and replace it with a single piece.

The sofa will be floated in the middle of the room facing an entertainment center. I was thinking that a curved sofa would be nice as I didn't want a wall of sofa to be the first thing you see when you enter the room. A conversation sofa would give me the angles I'm looking for, but most seem to come with ottomans, not recliners.

The only ones I've seen so far with recliners on both ends is made by Arizona leather (which I think might be the same as Omnia leather, but I'm not sure...others on the forum have said that Arizona Leather is the same as Elite, but I don't see anything like what I'm looking for on their website).

Are Arizona Leather sofas good quality? They seem to be sturdily constructed and they're made here in California with what looks like nice quality leather.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any other manufacturers or should I just be grateful that I found what I'm looking for?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rockiekatz

Omnia Leather recently teamed up with Kathy Ireland Home. I wasn't aware that Omnia made furniture for any other companies, but comparing the two web sites (Omnia and Arizona Leather), it looks like the styles are identical.

Omnia definitely makes a fine quality product. And it's so rare these days to find a furniture company that still manufactures its products in the USA. Omnia also has an outstanding warranty.

Does Arizona Leather have many floor models available to see? We've been shopping in the Las Vegas area for a motion sofa and loveseat, but due to the economy, most high-end pieces are not kept in stock. And I can't imagine buying a sofa without being able to sit in it first! We're looking for 100% leather (no vinyl, no bicast, no "pleather") with a nicely-finished back, since the pieces be in the middle of the family room, not against a wall.

I can't help you regarding the comparison of Arizona Leather to the Elite brand you mentioned.

Did you ever purchase a replacement piece?

Here is a link that might be useful: Kathy Ireland by Omnia

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
Is using natural latex foam for sofa seat cushions going overboard?
I know this must seem like an odd question, but 100%...
texasgal47
Does Vanguard Furniture make a quality sectional
Hello. I am agonizing over finding the right sectional...
maggiewp
Flexsteel vs. Lane vs. Natuzzi leather sectionals
I'm pretty confused and hoping for some solid comparisons...
tuckerlr
Can you help me identify this furniture maker/designer?
I acquired this mid-century table and chairs. Looks...
Julie Fortier
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
Sponsored Products
King Diamond-Trellis Sham - TEAL
$240.00 | Horchow
Kraus KBU22-KPF1621-KSD30CH Double Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mul
$509.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus KHU101-23-KPF1612-KSD30CH Single Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet
$409.95 | Hayneedle
Fontaine Adelais Chrome Single Handle Shower Faucet with Valve
Overstock.com
Kraus KHU100-30-KPF1622-KSD30CH Single Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet
$449.95 | Hayneedle
Highwood Eco-Friendly Synthetic Wood Folding Adirondack Ottoman
Overstock.com
Kraus KBU10-KPF2210-KSD30 Single Basin Undermount Kitchen Sink with Faucet - KBU
$429.95 | Hayneedle
Kraus KHF200-36-KPF2110-SD20 Single Basin Farmhouse Kitchen Sink with Faucet Mul
$729.95 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™