craftsman garage door opener remote & key pad not work

elexciaJuly 31, 2006

I purchased a home & opener has no manual but I can push the button on the wall to open & close but the green lite is not displayed on the wall unit & the outside keypad doesn't work either as well as my remote. I have replaced keypad battery & remote battery & have also tried to re-set the codes but to no avail. I believe it must be something with the green lite on the wall unit not working. Can anyone advise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

I think your receiver has quit. The remote and the keypad both require a receiver but the wall button does not. Try removing the wires from the wall button at terminals 1 and 2 and see if your remote works. If not, you have a bad logic board.

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 7:44PM
maj_d

I have a 1/2 hp craftsman garage door opener that is about nine years old. It worked fine until a month ago. The first thing i noticed was the wireless keypad quit working. Changed the battery and it still would not work. Another thing i noticed was that, even tho the sensor beams were operable (green light on), the light on the motor did not come on when i walked in the garage breaking the beam. Nor did i hear the relay clicking as before. Is this and the keypad problem related? All other functions of the opener, including the light (when the door opens)and remotes work ok. What is the fix?

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 9:54PM
hhscoot_gmail_com

I have a key pad for my garage door opener that is not working . I do not know password and would like to know how to reset to put in new password .

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 11:54AM
don_1_2006

If it is a wireless keypad do this:

Locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and immediately release this and then walk over to the keypad and key in any 4 digit code you like and press enter.

Please note that you don't give a manufacturer or model number. This information is pure assumption.

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Wayne Dalton i-Drive vs. Belt Drive vs. Screw Drive
Hello All, I am looking to install 2 new garage door...
rogeroh
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Sponsored Products
White Mesh Luciana Buffet
$2,699.99 | zulily
Rockford White Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
DreamLine Unidoor Plus 72 in. H x 57 - 58 in. W Frameless Hinged Shower Door,Cle
Overstock.com
Progress Lighting Flush Mounts Hard-Nox Collection White 1-Light Wall Lantern
$89.37 | Home Depot
Austin Harbor Gray Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Wood Molding & Trim: Home Legend Flooring High Gloss Elm Sand 3/4 in. Thick x
$29.98 | Home Depot
Louisiana Black 36-inch Bath Vanity with 2 Doors and White Marble Top
Overstock.com
Powder Coated Black Energy Star Outdoor Wall Lantern with Photocell and Acrylic
$39.97 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for: