Craftsman door opener wont close

mawwamJuly 21, 2007

I have a Craftsman 139.18096 opener. Worked fine for several years. Lately it has been erratic in closing. It will start to close the door and move anywhere from one inch to almost close and then re-open. The flashing light indicates an obstruction, but there is no obstruction and the green light on the receiver remains on steadily. Often it will close normally after a half hour of more wait. on an "experts" advice I changed the sensors. No improvement. I have disconnected the door and even taken the chain off the drive without success. Any advice or anyone know where I can get a schematic of the control board?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doorguy06

Your on the right track with the board. If you replaced the sensors and are sure they are aligned then the board is the issue. I do not know where to get a schematic for the board and even if you could find one, I don't know if you would be able to fix the problem. A new board runs about 90 bucks or you could opt for a new opener for about 150 bucks.

Hope that helps.

Bookmark   July 21, 2007 at 6:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawwam

Thanks doorguy. It doesn't really help, but it is what I thought might happen. In this throw away world, you don't fix things. Well! time to shop for a new opener. Thanks again. Anybody want a new set of safety sensors?

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 4:44PM
More Discussions
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™