Craftsman opener LED blinking 5 times

rongafJuly 23, 2006

Hi,

I've seen several messages in regards to this error, and just want to get some guidance for my situation. I have a Craftsman 1/2 horse GDO. About 3 weeks ago, we had the tortion springs replaced after 1 broke. A few days ago, we had lightning storms in our area; no direct hits, although our lights dimmed a few times. Shortly after the storms, but not immediately after, our GDO stopped working. No remotes, no wall switch. The garage lights on the unit do light up. The IR beam units at the door both have solid green lights. When we push the controller, all we get at the opener is a "click", no humming or anything else. The trolley is not jammed up against the bolt. The unit is about 7 years old, and has otherwise been working fine. Would it be better to repair or replace at this point, do you think? Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Lightning does the darndest things. I would check the logic board for burnt or missing traces on the P.C. board. If there aren't any obvious causes I would opt for a new opener.

Bookmark   July 24, 2006 at 1:17PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Turning part of garage into storage/man cave/laundry
Some background in my project: 1. I need a study, so...
toffee-el
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™