Garage Door Opener Problem

crvgtJuly 14, 2006

Seen lots of postings about doors that won't open and the motor only hums when the button is pressed. Mine has that problem and I've tried lots of things, but still no luck. Just swapped out the starter capacitor and no dice. My last question before calling for service is this...I notice that when I run my hand past the sensors, the opener light does not go on. The LED's blink so I know they are talking to one another, but I'm wondering why the light does not go on. I know the light works because it does go on when I press the wall button. Thanks for any ideas.

Ron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

The feature that turns the main light on when you pass your hand in front of the sensors may have been toggled off. Press and hold the light button on your wall control for 10 seconds. Did your door opener stop working when the door was in the open position. If so, make sure the trolley isn't jammed against the bolt in front of the motor unit. What LED's are you referring to that blink?

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 5:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crvgt

The LED's are located on the door sensors....in any event, I finally got the door to work. I kept playing with the tension on the chains - I guess it was "jammed against the bolt" after all. Thanks for your response

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Ice in garage on mild winter days
We have a two story house with an attached 2 car garage....
boubou64
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™