programming remotes on GDO

efamily71July 11, 2011

Hello members i have a sears craftsman GDO model # 139.53644srt tht is quite old but seemed to work fine. was just a little loud. my neighbor gave me a chamberlain liftmaster GDO model #1346 which had more HP. When i switched them out i could not get remotes to program to chamberlain GDO. Also i do have an keyless entry tht would not program but wall unit worked fine. Any Ideas folkes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The Craftsman model is 390mhz and the Liftmaster is 315mhz. They are not compatible. The wall control works because it is hardwired and does not use the receiver.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 11:49AM
efamily71

ok so odviously i should just put old one back up...so then any ideas on how to quite down motor. will lubricating do the trick.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 2:38PM
efamily71

ok so now i put old GDO back up and now none of the remotes will reprogram...now what! i see so many ppl with issues surrounding these units just seems such a hastle...can anyone help plzzz im at my wits end...oh and i did change out batteries just in case..and little light next to green memory button just stays on for about 15 sec. when i push it.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 3:03PM
don_1_2006

To program your remotes: Press and hold the button down on the remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit. Do not hold it in.

Lubricating all the hinges on your door and the bearings of the rollers will help. There is also a vibration isolation kit available which will help with the noise. It is part number 41A3263 and you should be able to get this at any door opener service company. You can install it yourself.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 3:36PM
efamily71

Thanx don 1 i did try those procedures but got no response from GDO could it be logic board. also loudness is coming from the motor itself. so can i quite it down by lubricating motor gears inside of GDO. Thanx again don 1 i see tht u answer alot of these same ??? over n over we all appreciate ur input and knowledge on these matters oh n most improtantly ur Patience...thanx again sincerly efamily.....

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 3:52PM
don_1_2006

Lubricating the gears may help but it is normally the door itself and vibrations that cause all the noise. Try running the opener without the door attached to see how noisy it is. The logic board could be the cause of your problem but it is expensive.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 4:31PM
efamily71

ok i dont no how i did it but i have mastered this GDO ive now put the chamberlain one up and have gotten both transmitters to sync.... thank God... wheww...this has been a brain teaser but i got it thanx again.....

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 5:42PM
don_1_2006

Perfect. Thanks for letting me know.

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 6:00PM
More Discussions
Chamberlain Garage Door Opener receiver problem
For the past 5 years, my Chamberlain Whisper Drive...
clarence_locke
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Cabinets
Hi friends, I am looking for cabinets for my garage...
davidnc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™