Recreational trip to NC

JamieSeptember 21, 2009

I posted this in decorating, but no response yet, perhaps you will advise me?

I have a few hours near Hickory/High Point on Oct 8. I live in Michigan and want to experience a deeply discounted, high quality, big volume outlet. This is not a serious shopping trip - I will not be trying to furnish rooms in the regular stores with the help of a salesperson. I will be "touring" the outlets, but I would be delighted to find a very, very small chandelier or any of a number of surprise bargain delights that I could have shipped home.

I understand that the Market is October 15. My visit is on October 8. Should I avoid High Point? Should I go to Boyle's outlet in Hickory? Furnitureland? Can you suggest a favorite outlet that I shouldn't miss? I only have about 4-6 hours, I want to avoid Thomasville, my taste runs to traditional, and I'd like to see wonderful things.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Your best bet is High Point for this kind of shopping, but your point is your a few days away from the market, so not the best time to go; traffic and in fact is, the whole city focus at that time will be on the market.

Bookmark   September 24, 2009 at 8:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hellokitty

Most furniture stores in NC have reasonable prices now because they were losing money to the Hickory, High Point, furniture places. They had to lower their prices to compete. The last time we went up (about 5 yrs. ago), we found no better prices.

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 5:10PM
More Discussions
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
About Maffam
Give opinions about garden furniture Maffam. The main,...
dekabrina
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™