Karcher Power washer help

LorieJJune 17, 2012

karcher help,

I have a karcher model K2400HH High pressure washer with a Honda GC160 5.0 gas engine.

I am a 62 year old widow and in years past I have powerwashed and stained the deck every two years. I lost my husband 6 years ago and my deck has not been done since. My late husband did all the maintenance on the powerwasher, changing the oil, sparkplugs etc. I never learned how to do any of this so now I am really stuck. I took the spark plug out last year to get a replacement for it and now i cant find it or the replacement that I know I bought.

Can anyone tell me what size spar kplug it takes and how you change the oil in this.? The drain plug is so close to the floor I cant imangine what you drain it into.

Before you ask this Power washer has been in my basement so it has never been anywhere where it had the chance to freeze Of that I am certain.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I cant afford to take it to a dealer or repair place. I want to be sure I have covered all the things I can do before I resort to that.

thanks

Lorie J in CT

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

You can contact Karcher at 1-800-537-4129 with your model and serial numbers and I'm sure they can tell you what spark plug you need. They can probably email you the manuals too.

Changing oil can be a hassle with lawn and garden type products. Sometimes you can block up the unit using some old bricks or scraps of lumber. Just be careful not to knock it off the blocks and smash your hand. Use something like an old pie tin to catch the oil. Small engines usually don't have a lot of oil in them, maybe a couple of cups. Work on a flattened, cardboard box or two to catch any drips.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 12:37PM
More Discussions
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Opener w/Extension
I just installed a 9.18450 opener with a track extension...
brian_nb
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™