Henredon sectional - okay price??$5999

soleil65September 11, 2011

Can anyone tell me if $5999 is an okay price for a floor model custom sectional made by Henredon. Beautifully made, very comfy...just wondering on the price.

Thank you for reading

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

Depends on the type of padding and quality of fabric....

Bookmark   September 12, 2011 at 11:11AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

No way!! I sold furniture for years and that price is way out of line for a floor model. There would be no reason to pay that much for the nicest brand-new leather with 8-way hand-tied frame and gold-plated rivets.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 2:08PM
Neoman

I just wanted to chip in on the Henredon Sectional. In Fireside, a grade C love wedge love sectional would price at a good sale price around $7499. So $5999 would be a great price. Leather in either Henredon or Hancock & Moore would run in the $12-14K range contrary to the above post. Flexsteel (mid price point) in fabric can range in the + $3K and Lexington in +$5,000. It just depends on the features you are interested in. Henredon, Sherrill, Taylor King, with similar features will run around the same price in their "pick your arm" programs.

Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 6:45PM
rmanbike

Like the previous post, depends on the fabric. Henredon is not what it use to be, plywood frame and all. Fireside is the original traditional custom program. Refinements is the cleaner contemporary line. For instance a H7700-C sofa in grade F fabric; dealer costs starts at 1382.00
Henredon is built in the same plant as Drexel. Beginning next year Henredon/Drexel Heritage will be built in the same plant as Broyhill, Thomasville and Lane. Cut & sew in Mexico.

Bookmark   November 18, 2014 at 11:20PM
freethinker99

Check out the consturction details, frame, spring, coverings and then you can make a better judgement.

Bookmark   November 20, 2014 at 6:20AM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™