Floor for craft room

thingsthatinspireMay 26, 2011

Hi - I am building a house, and we decided to use a bit of space that framed out bigger than we thought for a craft room. We are keeping the space very simple, and it will be used for sewing, painting, craft type activities.

Any suggestion for a floor? I was thinking about getting really inexpensive wood floor and painting it in a cheerful and interesting pattern, but it is more expensive than I thought when you consider labor, install, finishing.

I looked into vinyl tiles, but I ideally would want a solid look, not the psuedo stone look. I would actually be good with the institutional style solid color checkerboard floors that you see in hospitals, schools and such, but I can only find 12x12 and I would like 16x16 or 18x18.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

You can find vinyl tile and vinyl composition tile in the 18" by 18" format. You have to order through a full-line flooring dealer or purchase from an online vendor.

Look at Toli, Amtico, Nafco and others. Toli makes a VCT tile called Linotesta, that looks like linoleum tile. And, I think Nafco makes an "institutional-style" look in an 18" by 18" format. There are others...keep digging.

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Has anyone used Smartcore Floors from Lowes
Hi, we're looking for something that we can put over...
amoore1205
Filler in travertine marble tiles is coming out causing pitting
We put travertine marble throughout our house. We were...
caribbeancupcake
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
Suggestions for Beach House Flooring
Building a 2500 SF house and 500 SF carriage house...
cobbyw
LVT or Tile
I am trying to decide what to replace my carpet in...
hlariscy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™