Garage door opener logic board

keithevJune 19, 2010

I have a Craftsman door opener and I think that lightening fried my logic board. Any Idea how you open it up to reach the logic board?

Also the green light on my receiving sensor is out. Could this just be beause of the logic board or do i need to replace the sensors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

The light out on the sensor sure could be part of your logic board problem. To get to the logic board you need to remove the cover from the motor unit. There are 2 screws on each side. Check the logic board from burnt or missing traces on the printed circuit especially around the small transformer. Be sure to note the location of all the white wires on the end of the unit. They all look the same but are not.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 4:35PM
creek_side

Even if you don't find any visible indicators of a lightning strike, the logic board may still be fried from the strike. Not all lightning damage is visible.

I had lightning take out a logic board, and it still looked brand new.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 7:35AM
howard2010abc

hi. i have a marantec m-4700 and since a recent power outage, now when the door closes and hits the ground, it reverses. i reset the travel and force but still have an issue. can someone plz confirm if this sounds like it is the logic board?
thanks.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 3:52PM
keithev

Thanks for the help on getting to the logic board. When I called Sears Parts, they said that it looked like all I had to do was pull the back end of the unit down and back. I could tell that was wrong and I really didn't feel comfortable standing on a ladder and trying to force the issue. Once I removed the screws (on my unit they are in the front next to the lightbulbs) the cover came off easily and so did the logic board. The replacement board (an identical cheaper Liftmaster board)solved the problem.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
garage door remote opens but wont shut door
I have a 10 year old Craftsman garage door opener model...
Junky
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™