garage door opener problem

patricianJune 12, 2006

I have a 1/2 hp Craftsman garage door opener, which recently developed a strange problem. Until a few days ago the remote and garage wall-mounted control worked perfectly. Then and still, the remote will open the garage door, but not close it. On trying to close it, the light flashes for a few seconds, no sound of the motor trying to close the garage door. On the inside, the wall-mounted control, which used to work on a single touch, now has to be held down until the garage door touches the ground. If I let go at any point before it touches the ground it will go back up. So, I obviously have to run through the house each time I leave in order to close the garage door. Strange that the remote will open it.

Can you help? Thanks. Patricia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Check the sensors in the doorway. Most likely one of them has been bumped. They must be pointed at one another to work. They each have a small light that will be on when they are pointed correctly. Tweak them until both lights are on and not flickering. Make sure these areas are not used for storage.

Bookmark   June 12, 2006 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
Allister GDO not closing with remote
Having a problem with my Allister Access 3500 GDO not...
irishh7
2x6 strength? How much weight will a truss in my garage hold?
I want to build an engine hoist in my garage. I found...
work.truck
What's the Lowdown on Garage Door Brands??
I have read some prior posts on steel garage door brands...
Xena99
New construction.. Trying to decide on what flooring for garage..
Ok.. So we are building a brand new house and one of...
Jason143NBPD
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™