mortise and tenon

rmanbikeAugust 30, 2013

So many upholstery manufacturers are advertising that their frames now have mortise and tenon joinery. To really understand what they are actually referring to is first to really understand what a mortise and tenon joint is= I have provided that link to Wikipedia below.
Then contact any manufacturer and ask them to send you a photo of one of their mortise and tenon sofa or chair frames.
Then do a comparison of their photos to the images on Wikipedia. The difference will be startling, like comparing leather to vinyl.

Here is a link that might be useful: mortise and tenon info

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™