Craftsman 1/2 HP Opener Problem

Bruce717June 7, 2011

My garage door opener opens the door just fine. The problem is that when it closes, sometimes, when it touches the garage floor it opens up again and sometimes it stays closed. It seems to be affected by humid weather although there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. I've tried adjusting the down force but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

On the side of the motor unit you will find the 'down limit' control. Turn this a tad in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. Some tweaking may be necessary. Keep in mind if you tweak too much the motor will shut off on the thermal overload and you will have to wait until it cools.

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 2:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Summs

I have a proplem with my remotes. None of them will work from >5 feet away from the unit. I have relpaced all of the batteries, reset every remote, and I have replaced the logic board too! I am at my wits end, as the only other thing that I can think of is to replace the entire unit, even though it still works at the wall pad! It is only 5 years old, and I have never had this happen to me before. Any experts out there on this?

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 2:17PM
More Discussions
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Sun shines on sensor....
...and garage door will not stay down! Anyone have...
phoggie
Unfinished Detached Carport from 1924
Hi, My house and an accompanying detached garage were...
Central_Cali369
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™