Craftsman Garage Door Opener Light Blinking Continuously

electronicsnsJune 3, 2007

I attempted to open my Craftsman belt-drive opener (model 139.53914D) yesterday afternoon with the remote and it wouldn't open. I entered the garage and the light bulbs in the unit were flashing on and off continuously. I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in to see if it would reset the opener, but the same problem persisted. I know that the lights blinking a certain number of times indicate a specific problem, but mine are blinking continuously and extremely fast. Does this indicate that the motor is locked up???? Thanks in advance for any help.......

ENS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mike_kaiser_gw

I could be wrong but I thought a continuously blinking light meant that the opener thought the door was obstructed. Check the alignment/function of the door sensors.

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 7:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Are you referring to the large light bulbs or the small LEDs? The large lights will blink 10 times when you try to close the door and the sensors are blocked or misaligned. They do not normally blink when you open the door. If you are referring to the small LED it is common for it to blink occasionally. If it is blinking and then pausing it may be a code.

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Craftsman Garage door openers old dipswitch technology
My garage door motors still work great- 30 years old....
mamasalvo
Need Help with My SnowBlower
I just recently bought a Craftsman 24" snow thrower,...
bdouble
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™