What style is this chair?

oceangirlmeAugust 6, 2009

I am going to post this on Clist for a friend but I have no idea how to describe it. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I would call this a French-style Bergère corner chair.

Here is a link that might be useful:

    Bookmark   August 6, 2009 at 10:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think French Rocaille might be a bit more descriptive, because of the foliate forms and assymetry

However it is Rocaille Revival if there is such a thing--it looks like 1960s---it could fall under the general umbrella of Hollywood Regency, which is a combination of a number of fancy historic styles.

    Bookmark   August 7, 2009 at 8:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

versailles gone very, very wrong...

    Bookmark   August 8, 2009 at 3:22AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™