Another Craftsman Remote Problem

moocowJune 13, 2006

Please help,

I have a 2003 Craftsman 1/2 HP GDO. The previous home owner installed it and I have did not receive the user's manual and was given only 1 remote. My father (who just recently installed 2 Craftsman GDO's at his home) tried to program his remote to open my door. Unfortunately, the outcome was not what we desired and now none of the remotes work, nor does my car homelink work. I have tried to follow the directions on the back of the door opener to reprogram and reset the codes, etc., but to no avail. I know that the GDO is receiving a signal from the remote because the green light on the back blinks when I hit the remote button. The GDO also works properly using the "door bell" wired to the GDO. Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Beth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Don_

Beth try this. Press and hold the learn button on the back of the opener for 6 seconds. This will erase it's memory and you will be right where you are now. None of the remotes will work. Now, press and hold the button down on your remote and then press and immediately release the learn button on the opener. Let me know how this works and if you need help programming your cars homelink. Oh and by the way, your Dads remotes may not work with your opener.

Don

Bookmark   June 13, 2006 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
who makes a 10x8 "Carriage House" style garage door?
Perusing the websites of most of the major garage door...
Daniel501
Light on my garage door opener won't turn off
The light on my old Genie Medallion Series garage door...
liviey
Garage Door Torsion Spring
Have you noticed that local HomeDepot/Lowes do not...
mister_h
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™