Troy Bilt Horse Tiller Help/Questions

donsimJune 19, 2012

I own a Troy Bilt Horse Tiller that I purchsed new in 1970's. Last year the 6 HP Motor gave up its life after many yrs of service. It did not owe me 10 cents,, it was a great piece of Equipment. My issue now is to find a new Motor to power it with, some new operator stickers as I plan to re-paint it in the Re-Build process.

The Serial Number on the Transmission is 772 650 but my memory is tested. lol I believe it is a 1977 or so vintage and that it was called Horse. But then it is tough to know if it was a Horse, HorseII or such. Any help as to the 772 650 and then ideas for a good replacement motor.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

I'd look for a Briggs and Stratton engine dealer and see what they have that will do the job. Most likely, they made the original for Troy-Built.

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 10:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toxcrusadr

That's good advice. There are plenty of engines available at places like Harbor Freight and Northern Tool if you can't find it locally. What you need to know is the horsepower, type (vertical vs. horizontal), shaft size, the mounting hole configuration, stuff like that.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
Mountain of leaves on my driveway
So I acquired a huge pile of leaves that I used for...
bibbus
Craftsman garage door opener problems
I am having trouble with my 3 year old Craftsman garage...
magilla_53
Easy to use Backpack Blower Storage
I have been keeping my backpack blower on the floor...
blakeas
Custom Wood Garage Doors
Does anyone know or have experience with wood garage...
linda_1010
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™