sears garage door opener 139.53681B

susieqrnMay 20, 2008

my garage door opener has recently stopped working via the remote. the "door bell" switch is able to open the door. the switch is also flashing.

on my remote there are two other buttons, a large and small circle, one right above the other. what do they do?

and how do i get things back in working order?

tx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If your "door bell" button is the kind with 3 buttons, hold the 'lock' button in for 3 seconds and release. It should quit flashing and everything should work.

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 6:01PM
susieqrn

there are only 2 "door bell" buttons. the one for the right door is flickering continuously. not sure what i did. i can still open the door with the doorbell button, but cannot get the remote to work. there are three buttons on the remote, as previously mentioned. what do they do?? and how do i get things back in working order??

Bookmark   June 2, 2008 at 10:05PM
don_1_2006

Try reprogramming the remote(s) for the opener that isn't working. The extra buttons are there so you can open more than one door.

Bookmark   June 3, 2008 at 3:22PM
susieqrn

how do i reprogram it. we had two separate remotes, both different for each door. the one has not been working for a long time and i believe needs a new motor.

the other one just suddenly stopped. the remote has the one large oblong like button that opened the door, and then also has circlular ones, below the aforementioned one, the first one larger than the second. what are they for.

is there any way to get a manual online??

susan

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 4:39PM
don_1_2006

On the rear of your motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find the smart/learn button. First press and hold the button on your remote and then press and release the smart/learn button. This should program the opener.

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 10:27AM
susieqrn

you still have not told me what the other buttons on the remote are for, if you know.

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 9:06AM
gary_fitch_sbcglobal_net

i had the garage door open the power went out and i had to leave so i pulled the disconexct to closed the door but now it wont pick up the disconect wont move at all what is wong withe this thing?

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Garage Opener Clicks only and LED blinking 5 times
My 1/2 HP Model 139.53641SRT opener clicks to all my...
nosleep
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D.
Need error codes for Craftsman 41A4315-7D Garage Door...
don831
Shop vacuum
Are there any good 12 -15 amp shop vacs that have 1200-1500...
randalls1
Snowblower help
I have a M t d model 317e760f118 track driven snow...
thechad1985
Garage Door Exterior Lighting Help Please
Hello members, On the exterior, do you prefer lighting...
pippit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™